Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2005: A Look Back

As I reflect on the past year, I wonder exactly what possessed me and everyone else. 2005 was full of notable moments, good and bad. Here's a sampling of the Good:
  • White Sox win the World Series
  • Louisville reaches the Final Four
  • Tennessee football caps an overachieving 2004 season with a shellacking of Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl
  • Notre Dame and Alabama return to the college football map
  • Stephen preaches his first wedding
  • Randy Sanders resigns as Tennessee offensive coordinator
  • David Cutcliffe is hired as Tennessee offensive coordinator
Now those are in random order, but it's pretty obvious the final three would be at the top of this list if I'd taken the time to order them. Also notable is the fact that these moments are largely sports related. That's purposeful on my part. I don't pay that much attention to secular events beyond the headlines I read in the paper and online. I tend to spend more time worrying about sports and theology than I do current events. I also put myself in position to graduate this year, finally. All I lack are four classes. I should get them this year and graduate. Tricia and I all but finished our wedding plans. All that's left now is small stuff, odds and ends and the like. Oh, our cake lady had a stroke and now we have to find a new cake person, but that's not too big a deal since we didn't really look that hard at first. Now we can do this thing properly. I also came to an understanding of Evangelicalism (see sidebar for the series) and began a study of the doctrines of grace. I'll be covering the doctrines this spring as well. The Shaming of Shane Morgan was a smashing success. Shane now has his own blog, found at A Puritan's Perspective. Congrats, Shane, and I look forward to the possibilities blogging brings for our theological discussions! No more interruptions by such petty things as boxes coming down the belt at work! There's a lot to talk about, but I think it will suffice to give a listing of my favorite posts of 2005 in closing. Isnt' it great? I did all that in a year! In my next post, I'll talk about 2006 and what I'd like to do in the next year on this blog and in real life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home