Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Quick Update

A quick update before bed. Yes, bed--I just got off work at UPS. Shane Morgan has weighed in with Limited Atonement and will be weighing in some more over the next few days. In case you forgot, he has been "co-blogging" the doctrines of grace with me. He's been quite possibly the best partner I could have had as I have begun investigating these doctrines. You can find the two posts he has so far here and here. I really like the first one because he's "invented" another term that we've started throwing around in our conversation! Speaking of invented terms, here's what we've coined so far, and to our knowledge they are original to us: Hermeneutical gymnastics - Shane. This one is our favorite. Theological curmudgeons - Me. This one is becoming another favorite. Death credits - Shane. This one is pretty hilarious and makes a striking point in one of his posts on limited atonement. ...I've got to catch up... When the week is over I will try do to some more incidental posting on the atonement as well as get started with an examination of the 5 Marks of a True Christian. Til then, enjoy the stormy weather. I always find rain soothing and an encouragement to meditate!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't DA Carson say Hermeneutical Gymnastics in reference to the EC?

4/19/2006 06:41:00 PM  
Blogger Stephen Newell said...

Did he really? I'll have to look that up, I haven't read his book on the EC yet.

4/21/2006 05:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home