5 Marks of a True Christian
Timmy Brister has put up an excellent post asking readers to give the 5 marks of a Christian. He is asking for 5 words specifically, 5 attributes. You can find the post here. Now, while I think that it is good to list 5 attributes, I think it can be better encapsulated in 5 statements. Obviously, we're required to exhibit the fruit of the Spirit, and that's more than 5, and each of them are equally important in my mind. So with that said, here is what I believe are the 5 Marks of a True Christian.
- A testimony of repentance and faith in Christ and of sanctification since.
- Fear of the Lord - a deep and abiding awe, reverence, and dread of God (and Christ)
- Love for the Lord - which includes in my mind a love of the Word
- Love of neighbors - brothers and sisters in Christ as well as the lost
- Missional attitude - concerned to fulfill the Great Commission in whatever setting one is in