Friday, February 03, 2006

Friday Follies: Why I Like Bruce Ware

Following my new posting schedule (outlined in the Blog Update), here's a Friday post. I think I'm gonna devote Friday space to random musings, silliness, and of course the famous Weird-O-Cron™. Some of you have seen this "Why I Like So-and-So" series some guy is doing for his blog. Well, I was recently reunited with one of my first profs here, Bruce Ware. Within 10 minutes of starting class I was instantly reminded why I like him so much. So without further ado, here's "Why I Like Bruce Ware."

  1. His enthusiasm for theology is contagious. You can't help but love it just as much as he does.
  2. His lectures are riveting. I never thought I'd say that about a lecture, but his just take the cake. You really are hanging on every word (unless you just got off working 3rd shift at UPS, of course. Thankfully I don't have that problem this semester).
  3. His commitment to sola Scriptura is so deep that you feel emboldened. You can't help but agree with him that there is no better way except total submission to the text, and robustly embrace that attitude.
  4. He ends each class making you feel smarter when you leave than you were when you entered. I just love that. Praise God.
  5. He towers over us, despite his stature. I've got a full head on him in height, maybe more, yet I feel as if I'm looking up at him every single time I see him. He carries himself in such a way that respect is demanded. What a testimony.

I think that's enough. I'll stop now before some of you start accusing me of fanboydom. You may now go back to your regularly scheduled blogging. I may have more to offer later today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home