Friday, April 21, 2006

Celebrating a Milestone: The Contest

The very next post will be the 200th post on The Silent Holocron. It's hard to believe! I'd like to have a very good celebratory post, but since all of my blog thoughts are centered around limited atonement right now, I thought I'd ask you guys, my gentle readers, to decide on a celebratory topic. Here's what I want you to do: leave a comment with a topic idea and a brief description of the topic in no more than 5 to 10 sentences (or a full paragraph). This topic should be in one of these categories: theology, church history, biblical studies (including languages), Christian counseling (i.e. marriage and family issues), practical ministry, and current issues in Christian thought and ministry (i.e. Emerging Church, ecumenism, etc.). On my end, I will spend a full week researching the topic and writing the post, and full credit will be given to the one submitting the winning topic as the originator of the topic. The winner will get props from me for a week at minimum, and I'm thinking of having a "blog prize" of a free copy of Thomas Brooks' The Secret Key To Heaven, or maybe Robert Letham's The Holy Trinity. I'll update this part of the post as I get settled on a prize. Well, what are you waiting for? You get to tell the Deaf Jedi what to write about! Get to commenting! UPDATE April 27th: Well, I have decided it is over. Alex Forrest suggests I write whatever I write entirely in Greek, but I think that would take me much longer than a week to figure out! Josh Hearne has the best suggestion thus far, and Shane and I have decided we will do another "co-blog" after the wedding on his suggestion. So that leaves it to Hearne and one other suggestion from a friend that was given in person. That suggestion being that I write a theology of baseball. My heart has been duly touched, and this suggestion will win the day. So I have decided the milestone 200th post will be entitled "Towards a Theology of Baseball." I have also decided that I will do Hearne's suggestion almost immediately following, so look for that one after I return from the Kentucky Baptist Conference of the Deaf after Derby Weekend. Most if not all of my papers should be done by that time, so I can give the Greek the attention it deserves. This is timely, because I have taken part in the Together For The Gospel Band of Bloggers and I am itching to post on it!

3 Comments:

Blogger JHearne said...

I suggest an in depth annotated translation of John 3:11-21.

4/21/2006 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger Stephen Newell said...

Ooo, a challenge. I like this contest already. The rest of ya are gonna have to work hard to top that one.

4/21/2006 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger Alex F said...

Forget translation. Just write whatever you write in Greek.

Write on the author of Hebrews.

4/25/2006 08:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home