Friday, March 03, 2006

Tonight, I'm a Rock 'N' Roll Star

Was listening to Oasis' Definitely Maybe album before I hit the sack after class today, and really got into this one song, Rock 'N' Roll Star, so I started playing it over and over. I even got out the guitar and played it a few times. I got so into it because I was feeling pretty irritated at people outside of SBTS denigrating me and others simply because we go to school here, so the song just spoke to me loudly at that moment. When I woke up I was pretty quiet the rest of the day, especially through dinner. That was mostly because I still had this song on the brain, and I was trying to come up with a Christian version, thinking about how sometimes we're looked down upon and how we're driven by fads in our churches and personal walks. Here's what I came up with on what little sleep I had today. SBTS Star by Stephen Newell Lived my life at seminary There's no easy way out My class movin' just too fast for me I need some time with the Savior I've gotta slow it right down My class movin' just too fast for me I live my life for the Word that shines People say it's just a waste of time When they said I should feed my head That to me was just a day in bed I'll take this fad and trash it bad Cause you're not concerned about the faith I had In my heart my Lord is real Now you're concerned about the way I feel But tonight, I'm a Southern Seminary star Tonight, I'm a Southern Seminary star Live my life in the church house There's no easy way out The sermon is just too fast for me I need some time with the Savior I've gotta slow it right down The sermon is just too fast for me I live my life for the Word that shines People say it's just a waste of time When they said I should feed my head That to me was just a day in bed I'll take this fad and trash it bad Cause you're not concerned about the faith I had In my heart my Lord is real Now you're concerned about the way I feel But tonight, I'm a Southern Seminary star Tonight, I'm a Southern Seminary star Tonight, I'm a Southern star You're not down with who I am Look at you now, you're all in God's hands Tonight Tonight, I'm a Southern Seminary star Tonight, I'm a Southern Seminary star Tonight, I'm a Southern Seminary star Tonight, I'm a Southern star It's just SBTS It's just SBTS Get off your high horse, people It's just SBTS It's just SBTS Let's come to Him and worship It's just SBTS It's just SBTS Praise the glory of His grace

1 Comments:

Blogger iconoclasm said...

LMFBO
where B=Bible
that's hilarious. You've ruined the song for me. I dont' think I can hear the song without thinking of this now!

3/04/2006 10:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home