Sunday, February 12, 2006

I'm Infamous Again

I'm infamous again. My post on Moments of Theological Stupidity rated me as an extremist in a post on another blog. Apparently I'm now hyper-Reformed. There's just one big problem with that label. I'm not a Calvinist. First the "Great Cussin' Blogwar," now this. And they say only conservatives resort to name-calling. I suppose this deserves a name change for the blog. From now on, this blog shall henceforth be known as "The Silent Hyper-Cron™" "Hyper-reformed," my lightsaber. What ignoramuses. (That was ironic humor, for the uptight among you.) In other news, Tennessee beat Kentucky. While we normally don't care about basketball back home, this is news. I will be going to church wearing orange. UPDATE: The blog in question came back to the good side of the Force (just a toe in the water, actually) and changed the original post. It's not much better but acceptable. I'm now semi-Reformed. Maybe this guy should get a clue that he's still calling it "extreme." So which is it: are the Reformed extreme or is it the semi-Reformed? He also removed a comment in which I corrected his false attribution of a labelling of him to me. I never labelled him "emergent," and a perusal of the posts in question (Start and Finish) will bear that out. Let's all act like we really are potty-trained, shall we? FURTHER UPDATE: The post in question has now been removed from the author's blog, including nearly all commentary on this blog by him on this issue. I guess he was listening to Kenny Rogers' The Gambler when he deleted his post and the comments from this blog. You gotta know when to fold em.... This has been a fun "Moments of Theological Stupidity." Maybe I should do them more often; you never know what comes crawling out of the woodwork.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Newell said...

Oh, insults. I must have really hit a nerve.

No one slandered you, Noakes--you imagined that all by your lonesome.

2/12/2006 01:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/12/2006 02:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/12/2006 02:28:00 AM  
Blogger Stephen Newell said...

Wow. Truth really is relative. I guess you really can't call anyone a redneck anymore.

Jason himself said he never accused you of being a non-believer. I never accused anyone of incest; however, I do apologize for a badly timed and ill-received redneck joke. Furthermore, no one called you illiterate--that's a complete fabrication. Again, you've imagined slander where none exists. Calm down and mind your hyperactivity.

2/12/2006 02:35:00 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Wow! Red.hot strikes again. I would hate him, but for some reason I kinda like the guy. Thanks Deaf Jedi for standing in for me. I never accused Red.hot of not being saved. As a matter of fact, I hope he is because he sure keeps things interesting and I would hate to think he is not going to be ruling under Jesus in the new earth.

Just for the record, cussing is not my beef. I just can't help but notice that non-Christians use cussing as a litmus test for how Christlike someone is. That is truly ironic. Therefore, I (emphasis on me, myself; as for me) must not cuss because my witness must be as pure as possible before people who do not claim Christ in hopes that they will.

2/12/2006 06:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home