Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Narnia Sequel In The Works

How ironic. Just as I get started on Prince Caspian, they announce that the next Narnia movie is on the way. That's right, it was announced today that the sequel to The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe will be Prince Caspian. This is great news. I only hope that the animation improves from the first one. And that Peter actually gets taught how to use a sword instead of brandishing it like a club. His sword skills in the first one were, well, horrible. I almost had to cover my eyes with incredulity that he wasn't instantly skewered by Jadis. On a related note, has anyone noticed that they don't sequence the Narnia books as they were originally released anymore? Back in the 80s when I first read and reread them I read them in their original order (Lord help me, I can't remember what it was back then). As I reread them today they are in chronological order. It is very interesting how the story progresses when you read it chronologically. I may hunt down a list of the original publication and when I do my second go-round read it as they were originally released.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kenan said...

There are actually three sequences to the books: (1)the order Lewis wrote them, (2)the order they were published,(3)the Narnian chronology as the story unfolds.

1/11/2006 02:02:00 PM  
Blogger The Archer of the Forest said...

Yep, got to milk that Christian cash cow for all its worth...

1/11/2006 10:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home