Monday, January 23, 2006

Interesting Theology BlogQuiz

Further deepening my addiction to blogthings like this, I was browsing Quiz Farm and found another theology quiz. I think the results are surprising:
You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

64%

Neo orthodox

61%

Fundamentalist

54%

Emergent/Postmodern

46%

Reformed Evangelical

43%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

36%

Roman Catholic

21%

Classical Liberal

14%

Modern Liberal

4%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com
This scares me a little bit because I've found thus far in my studies that I identify more with Reformed theology, despite the fact that I'm not a full Calvinist. It's also scary because we used to joke about the Methodists back home. I'd also be interested in knowing just how they got me as nearly half Emergent. Something smells rotten in there, and it isn't the cheese I just cut. UPDATE 5:00 PM: I waited a couple hours and took this again, and wonder of wonders I still ended up Wesleyan, and even stronger at 75%! But Reformed moved up to the third slot at 54%. It still says I'm nearly half Emergent at 43%. Now I really don't know what to think. I might swear off these things for a while. I must go meditate on why someone seems to think I'm Methodist when I'm a commited Baptist. *slinks off to the Jedi Meditation Room*

1 Comments:

Blogger The Archer of the Forest said...

I took that quiz a while back. As I recall, I scored out the roof on Holiness/Wesleyan, which was amusing because I hate Wesley, enough though he was technically an Anglican.

I think there are some serious holes in it. There is no real space for classical baptist thought, or for Presbyterianism in general. There is a big difference between classical Calvinism and Reformed Evangelical. I wouldn't put much stock it.

1/23/2006 07:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home