Sunday, January 08, 2006

A Bookish Adventure

Today, I finished my Reformation "Armchair" book. It is a very good book. Run out and get it yourself. Run, not walk. Speed, jump medians, and run over old ladies in wheelchairs if you must. Okay, not really, but you get the point. I decided I wanted another book while I am still in my "Christmas materialist" mode. I'm still waiting for my Dave Ramsey mode to kick back in. So Tricia and I moseyed over to Borders on Hurstbourne Lane to browse their semi-excellent religion section. You'd be surprised what you can find there--that's where I got the Armchair book in the first place. I'd planned on getting the copy of Anselm's Proslogion that I saw last week (when I picked up the Armchair book) that included the Latin text. The Latin text! You can't beat a book that gives you the original language. It just looks, well, classy. But when I got there it was gone. Gone! I briefly contemplated weeping. But it's just a book, Steve. So I palled around in the religion section a little more, and came across a book that I think would be good in my continuing investigation of the doctrines of grace: What Is Reformed Theology? by R. C. Sproul. Now, understand here, this is my first ever R. C. Sproul book (I think). Having never read the man, I'm not too sure what to think. If you've got any suggestions or remarks about his books, feel free to put 'em down here. In the meantime, I will have the first part of "A Biblical Liturgy of Marriage" for your reading pleasure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home