Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2006: A Look Forward

As promised, I will give an overview of what I would like to see happen in 2006. Let's start with real-life goals.

  1. Get married.
  2. Graduate.
  3. Pay off at least half of my college student loans.
  4. Get me and Tricia well started on the road to financial security.
  5. Get a promotion at UPS.
  6. Truly, fully assume my pastoral role at church.
  7. Adopt a chihuahua.
  8. Develop my connections in ministry circles.
  9. Develop the counseling ministry at church.
  10. Improve my math skills (there's a geeky reason for this one).
  11. Read at least 1 book per week, or one book every 2 weeks.
  12. Read at least 1 theological work per month.
  13. Drop down to my high school weight of 220 (I played ball at this weight).

I think that's good enough for right now. The reason for number 10 is pretty geeky. I've never been good at math but am competent enough to figure out most math that is put in front of me, with a little brainpower. How else could I have helped Tricia figure out her Statistics homework having never seen any of this math before in my life? Also, I'd like to deepen, not broaden, my theological base. I am in the process of constructing my own theological worldview. For the past few years I've been soaking up all this theology and counseling knowledge, with very little in the way of construction. As I move into full-time ministry, it is high time I began constructing a theological foundation and worldview. This construction will flesh itself out on the pages of this blog. For the blog, and the Net in general, I'd like to actually cut down on the amount of time I spend online. This is deliberate, as I'd like to be able to finish this final semester with straight A's. I'd also like to spend more time with Tricia, especially with the wedding coming in 6 months. It will also give me more freedom to focus on church things, and maybe do a little more travelling than in previous months. But here's an overview of what I'd like to do in the next few months on the Silent Holocron:

  1. Do a series on marriage as outlined by my Liturgy of Marriage.
  2. Do a series on inspiration and inerrancy.
  3. Do a series on the Doctrines of Grace in conjunction with Shane Morgan.
  4. Do more Star-Wars related blogposts.
  5. Watch and review here each Star Wars movie from I-VI in order.
  6. Read and review here Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion.
I think that's a good start to 2006. There's a lot more that I could add, but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. After all, I'm getting married soon! Looking forward to a great 2006 with you here at The Silent Holocron!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home