Saturday, November 26, 2005

It's Football Time In...Kentucky?!?!?

Well, in a scant half-hour to an hour I will be on the road to Lexington and the Tennessee-Kentucky football game. A few thoughts before we leave: I'm not sure if I'm going to wear a brown paper bag or not. I might keep one in a pocket just in case. I really hope we get our act together for our final game of the year. It would suck to give up all this sleep after work (I work 3rd shift) for a silly football game. Especially one that is probably going to put me to sleep. Whoever starts at quarterback for Tennessee, I will yell bloody murder at them. My goal is to make the Kentucky fans around me glad I'm not one of them. Maybe I'll take a Bible and start preaching at Rick Clausen from the stands. I really hope Lexington has funnel cake. I'm real dang hungry. I wonder if I'm wearing enough orange. Perhaps something on the legs? I wonder if I'm dressed warmly enough. Kentucky fans can sympathize with us this year--we both had lousy coaches. The difference is theirs will be back one more year, whereas ours resigned his offensive coordinator position. My future brother-in-law (the one who magicked up the tickets to this game) says if I wear orange today, I owe him beer. Which would he like better: Barq's or A&W? Oh wait, he's Catholic. His beer has alcohol in it. I really hope the game today isn't crappy. I'm real dang hungry. Did I mention I'm real dang hungry? And with that, I am off to the game.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Archer of the Forest said...

At least you didn't have to drive from Chicago to see Tennessee lose to Vanderbilt. That was just wrong...

11/26/2005 06:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home