Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Good Ol' Rocky Top

Well, it's been several days since I last posted. In that time I went to the UT-Kentucky game, took two finals, endured a massive migraine and sinus pressure, and the breakdown of yet another car. So I figured, since I'm once again sitting here in Panera Bread while waiting for Goodyear to finish working on the car, I'd post what I was supposed to post after the game. The Kentucky game wasn't too bad--the offense still wasn't that good, but Fulmer didn't let Erik Ainge throw the game away like he usually does. Every play was designed to limit mistakes on offense. Nevertheless, there were still turnovers--a couple of fumbles and an interception or two. Thankfully, Kentucky is even more inept than Tennessee offensively, and the UT defense continued to give educational clinics on what real defense looked like. UT won 27-8, without ever giving up a Kentucky touchdown. It's just too bad there's no bowl this year (UT finishes 5-6), but the way they've played they don't deserve a bowl. Immediately following, two more coaches were fired. The O-line coach and the wide receivers coach were given the boot. Quite right, I say. Our O-line and receivers were a disgrace, despite having some of the best talent in the nation. Fulmer stated the new offensive coordinator would be the key to who gets hired to replace them. And then there was joy in Mudville. The next day Tennessee announced what I've been stumping for the past several months: David Cutcliffe has been rehired as Tennessee offensive coordinator! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah, hallelujah, hal-le-lu-jah! With "Coach Cut" back in charge, there can only be good days ahead of us. Let us hope they come sooner rather than later, but I suspect it will take some time for him to undo the damage done over the past 7 years. My grandmother seems to think that I was going to be "ugly" about this. How she gets this impression, I haven't the faintest clue. Anyway, it is with Big Orange joy that I now return to my work--I have papers that need writing by Friday. It's great to be a Tennessee Vol!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Archer of the Forest said...

I never thought I would be happy to see Cutcliffe come back. Though he ran good offenses, I thought he was a bit on the conservative side when it came to play calling.

But anything has to be better than Randy Sanders offense.

11/30/2005 05:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home