Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Doctrines of Grace

In conjunction with my personal study of Arthur Pink's The Sovereignty of God, I picked up The Doctrines of Grace by James Montgomery Boice and Philip Graham Ryken. This particular book is written as a primer into the doctrines of grace, more commonly known as Calvinism. I'm almost finished with it, as I needed a massive break from the 40 oz. steak dinner that is Pink's book for some simple tea and munchies. I'm glad I did--this book is great. I'm not yet convinced as to all the points of Calvinism (I'm at best a 4-point Calvinist), but this book so far has been compelling. The only thing I don't like is a defense of a problem passage relating to the perseverance of the saints, one of my favorite doctrines and a doctrine that I fiercely support. Oh well. I'll post a review when I'm completely done. In the meantime, rest in the knowledge that What Is An Evangelical? Part 3 will soon be forthcoming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home