Sunday, October 30, 2005

A Theological Halloween Scare

Here's something I found scary over at WorldNetDaily: "We must reject at the outset any notion of the supreme authority of scripture. ... Even those who take most literal interpretation of biblical texts, who claim to believe everything literally, nevertheless sit in judgment on their meaning at every juncture because readers determine meaning." When one buys into the liberal worldview, any notion that God's word to us has any authority goes right out the window. That's like saying a letter from my dad--who is an electrical contractor--describing to me the proper method to wire a house, has no validity whatsoever. The strongest word I'm gonna use for that is idiocy, plain and simple. What were these guys drinking? Give me some of what they're smoking, I could use some altered reality right about now. And just so you know, Part 2 of "What Is An Evangelical?" will be forthcoming this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home