Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Ohh, It's Great To Be A Tennessee Vol!

I went to work tonight happy, and I came home just as happy. My beloved Tennessee beat 4th ranked LSU tonight 30-27 in overtime. It was great. Okay, it wasn't "great" great. Quite frankly, UT sucked in the first half. They sucked worse than a Hoover vacuum cleaner. LSU led 21-0 at the half, and all seemed lost. Then Rick Clausen got in the game. He promptly led UT to a touchdown to open the second half, and all LSU managed the rest of the game was a field goal. It was like the offense had finally come to life under Clausen, which is scary when one considers that I am an anti-Clausenite. But I think it is time for me to lay that aside. Rick Clausen is the best quarterback for Tennessee right now. He is better than Casey (even if Casey was the better athlete). He does exactly what Tennessee needs right now. He plays Tennessee football. I think Phillip Fulmer would be well served to spend this recruiting season pursuing a few quarterbacks. We needed Brian Brohm badly, and not getting him hurt, as can be seen. Let us hope and pray that the rest of the season goes smoothly, and we recruit at least 3 of the best quarterbacks in the nation in the offseason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home