Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Of Mice and Wedding Registries

Well, I have officially entered into the realms of the whipped. I sat down with Tricia tonight and worked on wedding registries for not one, but two stores. That's right, two--count 'em, TWO--stores. Now, this whole wedding registry business is quite interesting. They give you a list of stuff to buy, and usually it's the higher-end stuff, meaning people pay more for it. And it's never in a set. God forbid it be in a set! You have no idea how much value gets placed on sets by people like me and Tricia--people who aren't really shopping-type people. If we can get it all at once we will. Like Dave Ramsey says, we just wanna leave the cave, kill something, and drag it home. Tricia remarked that even the whole concept of wedding registries is flawed. This is because some people don't even look at wedding registries. They just get you whatever strikes their fancy. This presents a problem, because you could get duplicates. I guess that means I have to look forward to getting ties and soap-on-a-rope from a few people. But I don't think that's as big of a problem as it could be, because some stores let you return/exchange duplicates. How nice. Though I think a nicer thing to do would be to donate the duplicates to places like Goodwill or the Salvation Army, or to your favorite humanitarian outreach group (like Wayside Christian Mission or what have you). Oh God, listen to me, I sound like someone from Queer Eye. I think I'll stop now and go to work while I still enjoy wearing colors other than pink.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert Hann, Broker Associate at Weichert, Realtors-Nickel Gorup said...

Just wait. I had to wrap bows on very small take away things from the wedding. Not easy to do with large hands. Hang in there. It's worth it.

RGH
www.rghsblog.blogspot.com

9/28/2005 11:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home