Friday, January 21, 2005

RIT Students Protest Pro-Israel Speaker

Harrumph. If you ever disbelieved there was "liberal bias" in higher education, here's another bit of irrefutable evidence: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42480 Now, I don't know about you, but it seems to me that failure to raise hell about a terrorist sympathizer while raising hell about someone fighting for their country's mere right to exist is proof that one's priorities are out of order. I would daresay most people would look at this and wonder what's wrong with these students. It's simple. The universities are bastions of liberalism, and indoctrination begins with Composition 101. This is disturbing to me because, as a minister to Deaf students, many of my students (or students I have come into contact with) might attend RIT in the future through their wonderful Deaf program. I want my students--and my own kids, for that matter--to be able to think for themselves, and not some prescribed leftist agenda. My own fiancee is exposed to liberal indoctrination every day at the University of Louisville, and some of their proclamations are so absurd it's funny. Case in point: last semester she had a teacher who was an obvious relativist. He claimed that the glass is either half-full or half-empty, and there is no wrong answer. Puh-leeze. Either way, you need more to drink, dagnabit! But he can't prove his own words, since "there is no wrong answer!" Relativism is a self-defeating proposition, since it can neither assert nor debunk with no absolutes. But back on topic, I would urge my few readers (ha ha) to seriously consider the types of things going on in the universities before sending your impressionable teenager there, especially if said teen is deaf!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home